H2PTM (1997) Olsina
Applying the Flexible Process Model to build hypermedia products
- In this paper we propose a novel software process, called Flexible Process Model, useful in building hypermedia products. This strategy, when instanciated in a specific project, implies a systematic use of model-based constructors, both logical and physical models. The process, mainly in the development phase, is a mix of interative incremental, parallel and opportunistic style, being guided by the flexible prototyping. The main benefits of this process are:
- a) it covers all the phases, tasks and activities of an hypermedia project;
- b) the clear break down between phases and tasks can contribute fairly to project planning and controlling;
- c) it fosters a positive balance by a systematic use of logical and physical modelling;
- d) it facilitate human communication and process improvement.